Ferris Wheel/Advent Calendar now available on Etsy or 6 months - better late than never!

Thanks! I tried a few different ways early on, and gears seemed to lock up and just putting a round disk was too hard to move.

1 Like

Most people would have gone with an axle of another material.

2 Likes

True, but you really donā€™t need to. It works great and it really isnā€™t carrying that much weight. It also puts less stress on the cross beams so the wheel moves as one.

2 Likes

Oh, I am really in awe of your solution! The ā€œother materialā€ is the ā€œeasy way outā€!

You might want to edit the title, by the way. This deserves to be recognized for what it is!

5 Likes

LOL. What should the title be?

I think I have already posted this twice before. Once during design phase and once when I finished it. I think people are getting tired of seeing it. LMAO

Ferris Wheel Advent Calendar now available on Etsy

4 Likes

Simple and to the point. I like it!

Phenomenal design Victor! :star_struck:
The details and fastening techniques are superb, but you really wowed me with that bearing! :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks. I did redesign it for this round. The old version had way too many bearings. In the end it didnā€™t make a difference in the performance so I changed them.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was Leonardo who realized that friction robbed power and conceived, you guessed it - the ball bearing.

6 Likes

Love that! I wish I could produce those on a Glowforge!!! LOL

2 Likes

You know, with 3D engraving thatā€™s not that far out.

2 Likes

The funny thing is I have a 3-D printer I have never used. LOL I just havenā€™t got around to it.

2 Likes

I suspect the combination could be miraculous. When you visualize a need and make it on the spot.
Eventually we will arrive at the replicator. Take those dirty dishes and convert them into pure energy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done slew bearings on a 3D printer. They actually work very well.

Also, Iā€™m wondering if you might put something to indicate scale for this. It isnā€™t obvious to me how big it is. I just know that it is because of your previous posts.

It really is a great accomplishment. I hope you sell lots of plans.

6 Likes

I thought about that after I took the pictures. I guess I am kinda hoping people will be pleasantly surprisedā€¦or horrified. LOL

4 Likes

LOL That would be amazing!!!

2 Likes

Once again, this is another amazing design! You can post this as many times as you want! I dig it!

4 Likes

Holy moly, what an amazing project! Iā€™m too chintzy to spend that much Draftboard, but I wish you the best with selling the plans. (If I did it you know Iā€™d do it on 1/16ā€ material and end up with brain fever with all the tiny parts.)

2 Likes

This is just amazing!

1 Like