Fiber art + Glowforge

Happy Friday!
I’ve had my glowforge basic for a year now and finally feel like I’m getting somewhere in my quest to mix my fiber art fascination with laser cutting. I present my first two fiber cloud mixed media pieces. The challenge was designing the holes to a big enough circumference to handle the bulky/jumbo yarn. Tomorrow I’m going to Woolapalooza at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln, MA. I can’t wait to see what the local wool fanatics think.

32 Likes

I bet the wool fanatics will love it.

2 Likes

This is lovely - matching the design with the yarn. I’ve been vaguely thinking myself of combining one of my earliest hobbies - tapestry weaving - with designing a mini loom on the :glowforge:. I’m a long way from reality though… needs some more thinking.

3 Likes

Very cute! These would be great in nurseries.

1 Like

Do it! A friend of mine does weaving and I’ve been trying to get her to give me specs to make a loom for her to no avail.

Well now… another reason to think about it a little harder! :grinning:

Wow, they look great! I’m betting they will generate a lot of buzz (or fuzz?). You will have to report back.

1 Like

They do generate a lot of fuzz. Surprisingly, my cat doesn’t mess with them at all.:smiley_cat:

A great way to use a yarn to tell a story!

1 Like

Did you see this one?
laser cut mini frame loom weaving
It’s small but has all the essentials. Also has a nice video on how to put it together and use it.

2 Likes

These are fun. :slight_smile: I’ve always wanted to make it to Woolapalooza, but always miss it. Guess this year is no different! How did it go?

I had not seen this! Thanks.

It was a beautiful day on the farm. My daughter and I enjoyed watching the shearing, spinning and yarn dyeing. There were only 5 vendors there but they were all intrigued by my art. I will likely get in touch with Drumlin to see about becoming a vendor next year.

2 Likes

It really was a perfect day for it!

My mother was very much a fiber artist and raised Samoyeds and eventually made herself a jacket from them. My sister got the jacket but I got the scraps, I should look to something to do with them,

3 Likes