Fiji box

Made a nice box on proofgrade maple for my wife recently. We’re heading to Fiji on holiday and I wanted to make something thematically appropriate. It’s amazing how easy it was to produce something that looks so nice.

!

Most impressively, that top pattern came off of a tiny/trivial bit of photoshop cropping and greyscale conversion from this original source photo of a wall tapestry I found:

81 Likes

That is very cool

Really nice! Did you need to do a lot of manipulating to get you final image?

I really like the way your design has incorporated the cut edges of the tabs. The ‘score lines’ around the outside make a good combination with the tabs - always a problem.
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@pam4arts Barely anything. I just cropped it in close to get rid of the wall in the background and converted it to black and white.

1 Like

The fingers incorporated into the design is really stunning… usually they are a typical eyesore!

1 Like

Patience is a virtue… That must have taken some time to engrave.

Wow! Just stellar, how long did that take to engrave and cut! You did a FANTASTIC job! :grinning::+1::glowforge:

1 Like

Turned out great!

1 Like

Wow! This is the first thing I’ve seen where the finger joints look appropriate, like part of the design!

2 Likes

Love the complex detail. That’s where lasering shines. Nice work.

Fantastic!

Very nice!

Awesome design choice! :grinning:

From a raster file? And a photo, at that? Amazing!