Finally have my leather scrap listings in my shop

Hi all,

Has been years since first mentioned scrap leather from my business–I have a lot–have had a couple private sales following posts here–but finally got tired of not being able to see some of my floor and stacks of bags & boxes (talking years of scrap accumulation–I do use a lot, but I hate just tossing it out), so started adding listings in my Etsy shop for pieces of the veg/oil tanned cowhides (5-6oz) that I use for guitar straps & other items that I etch my logo and/or designs into, and come out well with just the “thick leather” settings.

I’ve been hesitant to post this public “ad”, but since many do note their design/item is in their shop, so I hope this is OK. If you’re at all interested in getting some pieces to test or even make small goods, please check it out at www.etsy.com/shop/bansai8creations

Currently have option for by the pound, and these are larger pieces (either longer, or greater than about 4"x8"), and options within for color or size. I can cut to specific size, but that’s extra fee, but basically just pay shipping to get at least a pound!

I also have 1/2" wide x 18" or so long strips, which are great for making straps for luggage/ID tags (I have way more than I can use myself for this), and 1/2" diameter “dots” by the ounce…

I will also be adding listing for my smaller pieces (<2.5"x6") that can be sold by the ounce… and bison pieces, too. But if you want some of those before I have a listing for them, please contact me.

And if you have interest in even larger pieces, I’m happy to recommend different resources.

13 Likes

I forwarded it onto my SCA friends on FB - because those 1/2" x 18" are perfect for armour straps!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Time to see what I can come up with for dnd and 3 lbs of random skin.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

I’ve bookmarked this for future use. I just bought big pieces of 2-3oz and 3-4oz that I haven’t used yet. But good to know you always have extra on hand. Will save me a 3-hr trip to buy leather! I love having stuff shipped directly to me!

Thanks–I do order a lot myself on-line too, but I prefer getting the hides I use for guitar straps in person (fortunately only about an hour trip for me). I have had mixed results with getting those on-line–though if you can step up into higher price point (typically >$15/sq ft ), you’re paying for the tannery’s consistency & you’ll know what you’ll be getting!

2 Likes

I’m ordering right now! :heart:

1 Like

I can’t wait to try out the leather!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.