Finally... I am trying to post a couple of my creations!

Ok, so I am sure after I post these pictures, some may think to themselves… “That’s all? All this time and three or four little projects?” Haha. No. It’s not all. Just the ones I finally took pictures of and got around to posting.

Okay… so the heart with my daughters name was one of my very first. Behind the heart on a box is a heart that I had to repaint a different color because I used acrylic paint, and had serious issues with a yellow bleed through. So I tried to seal it, in a sense with the glitter and then going over it with a pink glitter and the crown is the dot for the eye and that is hanging on her bedroom wall maybe I will get a finished picture one day .

Ok, so this next one was inspired. And I have searched and searched for the girls Etsy page to link it here, but I have awful memory. I actually ran into the sign on Etsy. Almost bought one. And then decided I was going to try to make my own. So I found someone with the truck and purchased the SVG. And then I also purchased 10 ships circles off of Etsy. Once I got impatient, it dawned on me that I could make my own ship lap circles!!! DUH!!! Anyways make a long story short I seen this one and it and decided to make my own of course it is not finished completely and I got some Xmas

floral stems to put on it and I am working on getting those situated.

And then, here is another. This one was kind of mocked as well. I know. I need to take pics of the couple of things I have done on my own. I’m horrible! But this was seen and although I could never find it again… I got as close as I remembered. Of course My font is just regular ole adobe illustrator. hAha! So this is the beginning of Xmas presents! Yayyyyy!

34 Likes

Very nice! I especially like the paint job on your daughter’s name!

4 Likes

I’m so glad you are enjoying success with your Glowforge! I hope it means you are getting more comfortable with how things work. Your projects came out great!

4 Likes

Good job. It is a great sign that you are too busy to take pictures or post.

4 Likes

Love your daughter’s sign, and what a pretty name! I also love the truck Christmas sign. Who doesn’t love to see a red truck with a tree in it. I think it’s great.

4 Likes

Thankyah!!! Actually the first time I have ever painted anything with acrylic paint. I have painted walls, furniture, and things like that. But nothing crafty really. I did one time years and years ago. I had like 20 different colors and 1 paint brush. needless to say I spent like an hour mainly washing my paintbrush. And that ruined it. I was young. Haha! So I had fun!! I have spray painted my life away. But nothing by hand!

1 Like

@ptodd THANKYOU!! My 17-year-old daughter named Paisley when I was carrying her(Paisley). Now, I thank her every day for the wildness that little Miss Paisley lives up to, and I fully believe that it was the name that did it. Also, the pattern paisley was known to attract a rebellious and progressive following, and she lives up to that being in the heritage of her name, too. I tell my oldest “I appreciate you giving her all of this character and all, but you should have to babysit for at least 6 months!”

1 Like

@cynd11 YES!!! Much more comfy! I am working on designing a layered art sign at the moment! So, I feel very confident at the moment! I am sure that there is never an end to the things I could learn! I can not wait to get fully moved into our new shop so that I can be with my GF full time. I literally have dreams about it. The girls are going to have a playroom at the new shop, too. So I will be allowed to focus much more. I am so excited!Thankyou!

2 Likes

Your daughter naming Paisley is very special!

I have a 2 year old granddaughter that is more than living up to the wildness! She brings so much joy, but I’m pretty worn out after 50+ hours a week with her. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man! 50 hours!! PLUS!! Oh my!! I thought the main pleasure in being a grandparent is yah get to send em home when you get worn out?!?! Can my kids and your grandbabies trade grandparents? Pretty please! I promise! I will only squeeze half of that!!!HaHa! I thought living closer to my mom meant me getting a break once in a blue moon! I need an exchange!! I will exchange for you!!

2 Likes

You are too funny! The days can get pretty long sometimes, but at 2 and 5, I enjoy everything I missed with our own children due to working too many hours.

The 5 year old started all day kindergarten, which involves transportation to and from school. The 2 year old stretches every limit there is … but, she is still an amazing joy.

4 Likes

Oh man. Not many people can tell you what the adventures of those ages can bring you ALL AT ONCE! Mine are 2, 4, and 17. Many days I just want to shove my head in the toilet, just as my 2 year old does, to see if it brings happiness. It sure brings her joy! And she sure pushes all the limits trying to find where her place. She don’t leave anything untouched. BUT… I do enjoy the time I get with each one of them. Even on the worst days, they sure can turn it all around. I missed a lot of my 17 year olds chid hood, too. I worked two jobs while going to college. She was left at every baby sitter on the blocks house. And before it was too late, out was gone! I promised I would not do it to them or myself this time. I get upset not ever having any time to do anything of my own. And then I have to remember that there is no replacing all of this. You must have a lot of patience!! Bc it surely takes A LOT!!

1 Like

I just had the best laugh ever! Head in the toilet? Hugging the toilet, laying down in the parking lot with a grin, when I’m trying to get her into the car seat, etc., etc.

My five year old (grandson) will ask why I’m rushing … because I’m trying to stay a half step ahead of the youngest. He sometimes has to be reminded how much younger she is when playing. Then the negotiations for a toy she just picked up. Oh my.

Of course, there are the times they are laughing and hugging each other.

Anyway … thank you for the laugh!

3 Likes

I love your signs. Would you please share how you made your own rounds? Just got my Glowforge as s and I love to make signs. Also, how do you deal with the shininess on the wood after removing the sticky sheet from the wood?
It is not easily painted.

@krsiebert66 The wood I have used is not proofgrade material. it is 1/4" birch plywood from lowes and home depot. I do still use proofgrade material(the material you buy from glowforge), which comes pre-masked. As far as the shiplap rounds… you make make the file in adobe illustrator. It might overwhelm you if i tell you how. But you can watch tutorials on youtube on how to do or create whatever you are trying to create. Or you can buy shiplap circles on etsy, or possibly buy of find a free file on Etsy or internet that will allow you to print out shiplap circles. Of course not 24" round, much smaller actually. If you have any questions on how to do anything you can post questions on this forum and everyone will volunteer to help with whatever they cannto help you understand. I am sorry if I am babbling and I am a kindergarten speller at this very moment. But I am running on 3 hours of sleep in almost 48 hours. Once you start learning you will pretty much sacrifice anything to play with your machine!

1 Like

@ptodd I AM TELLING YOU!!! I am serious when I say there are not many people that can tell you the life. They would die after half of a day!! It is an adventure inside of an adventure. Which is inside of like 5 more adventures!!! Hahah! I am so glad I made you giggle!! It is fun. To say the least!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for all the information!!!