Finally Made Wood Coins!

I’ve always loved the military challenge coins but never had a reason to get one made or make one myself…until now!
Recently I went on deployment to Puerto Rico where I was part of Task Force Power helping restore the power from the hurricanes last year. We were there in a support role for those doing the work but it was long 12 hr days 7 days a week for at least 30 days. 60 days for myself. I got to know a lot of new and awesome people so I wanted to make something for all of us to remember our time by.
These are the first 6 I have done, they are 2.5 inches wide and have a clear acrylic base. I am personalizing each one with our names because not many people have challenge coins with their name on it! I am a huge fan of these and can’t wait to give the first ones on Monday. <3

46 Likes

Oh, they’re going to cherish those! Lovely idea! :grinning:

1 Like

These look awesome!

1 Like

Wow, they look amazing! Wonderful way to remember your time together.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear power is getting restored in Puerto Rico. Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

They looks great! Thanks for helping my neighbor Puerto Rico, we all took a big hit with Irma and Maria…

3 Likes

Thanks for your service. :glowforge::sunglasses:

1 Like

A very tiring couple of months, I can only imagine their joy had having power restored.

The coins are exceptional … And love the little acrylic stands!

2 Likes

Thanks all. The power is almost 100% back on now. I was there in an administrative role cause paperwork still needs to get done. Praying that this year is calmer for the island. :slight_smile:

The people who got the first 5 were thrilled. I have about 20 more to make this weekend and mail out.

The stand was an ah-ha moment. Originally I made a little box with no sides and then the moment struck. I’m going to try it with some metal coins next. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help here at Puerto Rico!!!
Also nice work on the coins. :+1:

2 Likes