Fire Department Fundraiser Items

Made a few items for an upcoming fundraiser for the Bluffton, South Carolina Fire Department.

Proofgrade walnut Notebook

First time engraving on stainless steel using dry moly, as well as using proofgrade veneer.

Powder coated flask

Pocket knives

Slate Coasters with a couple coats of Shellac.

30 Likes

Nice. A spectrum of offerings. :sunglasses: Those should work nicely.

2 Likes

That flask turned out great. :grinning:

2 Likes

These came out great. Did you buy a premade notebook or did you make your own?

2 Likes

Thanks! Just the covers for this notebook. I got a dozen of these notebooks from a work vendor for free. So, for these, I didn’t have to cut or punch the paper.

3 Likes

That’s a nice freebie!

2 Likes

I love all this stuff. Does it mean you get a special “bat phone” line for any forge related fires? ( *** just kidding *** )

2 Likes

That would be great, except I’m in Wisconsin and this fire department is in South Carolina, so the response might be a tad bit slow!

3 Likes

All really great items! Good job. You got a great result with the dry moly.

2 Likes

Not only will they love them … But should do well in the fundraiser!

1 Like

@pubultrastar this question may get this bumped to Beyond the Settings but I’m really curious how you did the coasters. Great job overall, everything looks awesome!

There’s lots of good info on engraving on slate over in Beyond the Manual – try this search: https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=slate%20settings%20%23beyond-the-manual

It looks like he used the “lacquer first” tip, which works really nicely!

3 Likes

I put a couple of coats of Shellac on the slate before putting in the :glowforge:.

2 Likes