Fire Hazard Trust Issues

This machine is really stressing me out! Fortunately it hasn’t violated my trust yet. This is the first time I used the passthrough with something this long, but after the second or third check, some of the cut lines didn’t show up and the next one none of them showed up! It seems to be working still though. About to go do the last, or next to last pass.

PS Fire Hazard is what my GF got named XD

1 Like

This is the second time this week someone’s mentioned their artwork disappearing between steps but the cuts still working. It could be a new bug in the app.

1 Like

I’d say I’m more attempting to report a glitch. Sometimes there are flukes, but other times problems aren’t addressed because they are unknown to those who know. Because the cut lines no longer appeared a third of the way into the project, I was not able to know if they needed to be realigned and manual alignment obviously was out of the question. However, I’m glad to report that despite the display errors, my 3 feet long set of shelves appears to have completed in near perfect alignment.

In this case, my problem was 100% UI and the upgraded passthrough software did its duty. However, I’m not thrilled this happened, and had I been doing another name in circle décor item things might not have gone as well. I’ve had alignment issues if I’m unfortunate to only have a couple arcs left to cut. That was the last piece of 4 foot material I had in the house, so I can’t attempt to recreate the problem. :unamused:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it’s not just me but I haven’t heard anything from glowforge about this or if they even know about it

Did you get the auto reply when you submitted the problem 2 days ago?

I just checked my spam folder and it’s not in there so no I didn’t receive it

That means they didn’t get your email. If you’ve also posted in the forum they’ll respond there, but if you only sent an email I’d suggest you create a post in P&S noting that you sent an email but didn’t get the auto-response.

Also, add @glowforge.com to your whitelist…just in case.

1 Like

That’s hilarious, and hopefully not at all prescient!

1 Like

I only posted in p&s because I don’t really need a quick response. I didn’t email them. Probably by the time I do another passthru project they will have fixed the issue. Thanks for your help hopefully they will see that some people are having problems and fix it.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble while using the Pro Passthrough feature. Thank you for your detailed report including screenshots. We’re seeing this too, and our team is looking into it further. We’ll post here if we have additional questions that will help while we investigate.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

We’ve heard back from our engineers, and there’s a quick test which will help us while we continue to investigate. When this happens again and the next preview for a Pro Passthrough print section doesn’t show in the app, please refresh your web browser.

After refreshing the page, let us know if the preview is still blank, or if this leads to your artwork displaying correctly in the app.

Hi there,

I wanted to check back in and see if you’ve had a chance to run another Pro Passthrough print since my colleague Ivan’s last email. If not, no worries. Whenever you do have the chance, if this issue happens again and the next preview for a Pro Passthrough print section doesn’t show in the app, please refresh your web browser.

After refreshing the page, let us know if the preview is still blank, or if this leads to your artwork displaying correctly in the app.

Thank you,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.