Had fun with this. Didn’t start off thinking “I’m going to make a clock”. In fact, I didn’t have a clear idea of what I was doing other than messing around. I started by creating a vector file of this old plaque hanging in our firehouse kitchen
with an eye toward making a new station patch (not a huge fan of our current one). When I had it drawn up in Inkscape I figured it would be a shame not to cut as big a buffalo as I could out of some 1/8” ply. Then I thought, why not dye each piece with analine dye and glue it all back together. Only then did I realize I was looking at what would be a pretty cool wall clock!