First Attempt at 3D

I’m fairly new at this and this is my first attempt at 3D engraving on 1/2” Bamboo cutting board.

All suggestions and comments welcome!..

55 Likes

Looks like a pretty good result actually.

7 Likes

That is a terrific job!

4 Likes

That looks Great!

4 Likes

Looks amazing!

3 Likes

Excellent first attempt!

2 Likes

The contrast looks stunning. Someone is going to be very happy with that one. :blush:

2 Likes

Breathtaking! What will you do for an encore?

3 Likes

Looks great! Especially given the fact that bamboo can be so fickle and unpredictable…Nice job!

4 Likes

I’d say that’s a win. Nice job. (And Ooh Ah!) :sunglasses::us:

4 Likes

Love it! I’m kind of new, so excuse the question. Did you use sd or hd engrave for your settings? Thx.

1 Like

3D usually implies the “3D Engrave” option:

Oh. I’m sorry. Didnt even see 3d in your post. I was so busy admiring your board. Thx.

I don’t see 3d engrave as an option on mine…I wonder why not

The 3D or variable power is only available in raster format, this is when the raster has many shades of gray and each is powered according to the depth of the gray, this is why that does not work in vector format that has no such data.

1 Like

oh so you have to have a certain type of file. I see.

Here is just one of many sources. as you can see the parts farthest back are black and farthest forward are white.

Oh my! They are very expensive. They must be hard to make. It’s love to try this but that is way too expensive for my budget!

Those are expensive but if you Google there are many more from free to similar and variable copyright requirements, or you can make your own in 3d and grayscale the image or work it in Gimp. you can copy actual 3d stuff and produce the actual 3d in something like Meshlab.

It would be great if you started your own thread on how to design for 3D engraves instead of cluttering up this one.