First attempt at tile

I think tile might be my new favorite material. I recently stopped at Menards and picked up a number of different sizes, so I can see that this may get out of hand pretty quickly. Very fun!

72 Likes

Looks great! Perfect aspect ratio.

3 Likes

Really liking this vertical display. And I can see that the square tile I have on hand is just not going to cut it.

3 Likes

That is a great design and use of material. Just that simple use of color and placement is so cool.

2 Likes

Marvelous design. Did you have to sand the tile or find tile that was already flat on the sides?

1 Like

Nice, clean & sharp.

1 Like

No sanding necessary.

1 Like

Very crisp! Any tips on process/cleanup?

2 Likes

I used transfer tape to cover the tile before engraving so I’d have less to clean up after painting. I used latex paint, let dry, and then wiped the top of tile of with a wet paper towel and it cleaned up nicely. Seemed to work great on this tile!

7 Likes

Please make more and share them all!!

2 Likes

Very well done.

2 Likes

How did you solve the alignment issues?

1 Like

I didn’t. Even though I was suppose to get snapmark, it still hasn’t appeared on my latest machine. So, I try to put the tile directly under the camera, adjust in the UI, and hope for the best. This one worked well. If I wasn’t so lazy, I’d make a jig out of cardboard or draftboard. Snapmark will eliminate that for projects like this in the future, if I ever get it.

3 Likes

Love it! Very sharp!

Can you share your settings?

I used the settings from a different tile thread located in beyond the manual, located here! I upped the DPI on a few elements, but the settings in the Etching Tile thread worked great.

3 Likes

9 Likes

@glowforge7, I love the robot theme with the decorative borders. Robots are cool. Flower borders are cool. Putting them together makes your tiles cooler-er!

2 Likes

adore this

3PO is my fav. :blush: