First attempts / first post

Just got my own Glowforge and wanted to show off some of my first few projects. Hopefully I’m posting correctly.

A Hogwarts coaster set for my sister’s birthday. Had fun working with ceramic but learned i need to be more careful when lining up the svg on the screen. I rubbed alcohol ink into the etch and then sealed with epoxy resin. Also yes I see Gryffindor is spelled incorrectly. I totally missed it when making the file haha.

!

I did an acrylic little planchette earring. Used Rub and Buff to fill the etch and then coated in a UV resin.

Another birthday gift for my sister. I love the edge lit acrylic and now want to make all the things!

54 Likes

The earrings are intricate and I love the paint!

3 Likes

Quite well done. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It looks like you’re doing EVERYTHING right.

Great projects.

4 Likes

Something looked off to me and it took a few minutes to figure out what it was - I think the spelling of the red one is different than I have seen. You might want to check it before giving it just in case there is an error.

2 Likes

Fun way to get started!

Do you have a UV resin you like? I bought a random brand somewhere and I’m not happy with the results.

2 Likes

Nice projects, and I am sure there will be many more to come.

2 Likes

Really impressed! I want to start doing different things with jewelry and earrings. I like the hook you used with your pair. Mind sharing where you purchased them? @delaney333

1 Like

Haha yah the Gryfinndor is super spelled incorrectly. I told my sister it was because Slytherins look down on them lol.

I buy my UV resin from Sophie and Toffee. I bought one off of Amazon and wasn’t happy with the consistency, but every one I’ve bought from Singapore (sophie and tofee has been great). I also use a UV nail lamp to cure it.

2 Likes

I bought my jewelry pieces from here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07543G29V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Welcome to the forum! Those all look fantastic!

2 Likes

Wow, pretty amazing beginner projects! I’d say you’re a natural.

2 Likes

You are off to a great start. No matter how much we proof read we all mizz something now and then.

2 Likes

Wow! Your creations look great! I like the HP items, but am in love with those earrings. Glad you got a GF. Please share more.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll check them out!

1 Like

Nice post. Still haven’t done any HP stuff. Need to.

2 Likes

Fabulous first post with awesome projects!

2 Likes

I can see that you’re really having fun! As it should be. Keep posting your awesome projects.

1 Like

Those are great! Especially love the earrings, that would also make a great necklace.

1 Like