First Catalog project: Cat Scratcher

I got approved for the designer program in April, but life happened and I wasn’t able to submit anything until this week. Voila!:

And here is Hank, one of our cats, taking it for a test scratch:

Both our boys have been playtesting it since March, I can confirm they’ve greatly enjoyed it.

36 Likes

Great design! Plus, we :glowforge:ers tend to end up with so many strips of cardboard after making prototypes of other designs!

12 Likes

Haha they removed the plug from the instructions, but also cat owners may wind up with an enormous number of cardboard boxes from Chewy that work real well for this.

8 Likes

This is wonderful! I hope one of your upcoming designs will feature an angled one—my kitties’ favorite. But they like horizontal ones too.

4 Likes

Yeah good call - Definitely a bit more complex to find the correct amount of cardboard. Plus our dudes like sitting on the flat ones and just starting at us disdainfully, so I figured I’d start there.

6 Likes

What a great idea! Welcome to the catalog!

6 Likes

I made one for my cat, Stuart, and he loves it. He even naps on it. I was’t able to get him to pose using it, but you can see in the picture that he’s used it a lot.

Stuart thanks you.

13 Likes

It’s several months gone by since I first saw this post. Today I imagined a cat scratcher where I could scratch my cat’s back with it. Ah, hope springs eternal.

Your design is still really cool.

6 Likes

Aw, thank you Stuart (and Janet)!

I am going to have to ask for a picture of Stuart even if he’s not using the scratcher, though :innocent:

4 Likes

Get a Furminator. Scratches the back and thins out the undercoat as a bonus. Definitely better than anything you can make with a laser, and you may wind up with enough cat hair to make a sweater.

3 Likes

Very cool; thanks!

3 Likes

This is Stuart.

9 Likes

Haha I love the “GOD, mom, why do I have to pose for pictures?” face in the first one. Thank you, and hope he continues to enjoy!

4 Likes