First ceramic tile

I think I’m in love!

Octopus art is a vector graphic from Shutterstock/NataLima.
Tile is Jeffrey Court Fresh White 6x6 glossy ceramic, $0.41 each at Home Depot.
Colored with a blue Sharpie, wiped off with a generic Magic Eraser and a dab of water.

Many thanks to @deirdrebeth, @geek2nurse, and @caribis2 for guiding me past my initial panic! :grin:

27 Likes

Ab fab! I’m so glad it turned out, and SO well too :slight_smile:

BTW, per the Friendly Neighborhood Lawyers (FNL) we’re only allowed to talk about non-PG settings in the Beyond the Manual category so you have two options!

1. Just delete them
  2. Create a post in BtM with the same info and link it here (we like this one!)

Looking forward to many more fabulous pieces of art!

1 Like

Amazing! Really nice result!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve deleted the settings info, and I can provide those privately if anyone needs them. There’s much more comprehensive info in other posts, though.

Yeah, sometimes it gets out of control, but there’s always a chance they’ll say we can’t be trusted and take away the section entirely. NOBODY wants that!

2 Likes

As someone who recently had an earnest discussion with my wife about whether the GF could be used to cut cheddar cheese, I can certainly understand that… :laughing:

4 Likes

You’ve got to be very careful when engraving tile…it becomes truly addictive!
I love tiles of all kinds…ceramic, marble, glass, slate. But, I miss the smell of burning wood, lol.
Love the blue Cracken!

4 Likes

I would love it if you could let me know those settings. I haven’t gotten my machine yet. Days feel like years when it gets closer to the day it arrives. I have a bunch of tile ready to experiment on and if I had some settings to go by it would make the process a little easier to learn.

2 Likes

Conveniently, LOTS of folks have become addicted to tile - when you’re looking for settings always go to the Beyond the Manual section:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I will keep that in mind.

1 Like

Great results!

1 Like

You can mark/decorate the cheese knife.