First Cut on Hephaestus

The Glowforge is out of the box and set up to run less than 15 min, Hephaestus is up and burning, and of course the founders ruler.

so cool, I will be busy.

Thanks @dan and all the Glowforge team for a great and easy to set up machine.

56 Likes

Awesome! (That first cut feels fantastic, doesn’t it? I squeeed all over myself!) :smile:

14 Likes

Fantastic…glad to hear it was up and running without a hitch!
Cant wait to see what ya do next…maybe a big reminder for when to eat and such…lol

11 Likes

Fun, fun, fun! I like that table, too–consistent with the elegance of the Glowforge.

7 Likes

Great! Enjoy the exploration. :sunglasses: Such a clean uncluttered work area. Probably won’t stay that way…
(on a side note, nice papyrus!)

9 Likes

Yay! Congrats!!!:champagne:. Happy first cut, can’t wait to see what’s next!

3 Likes

Congrats! Did you get that table at Costco? It looks very similar to one I’ve seen there and I spent a long time drooling over it before settling for IKEA.

2 Likes

yes it is the Costco table and it is a beast.

6 Likes

fabulous name. Congrats!

3 Likes

That’s part of the reason I liked it so much! :grinning:

2 Likes

Ha! I almost stole your name. I was trying to decide what to name mine and my daughter suggested Hephaestus

9 Likes

Very good. Congrats. Love how the Glowforge looks, even with an exhaust. It fits in nicely as a tech device in a room and doesn’t look like it belongs in a garage or workshop.

And thanks for the reminder to make a big pot of something or other. Tuesday’s arrival has a fundraising dinner in the evening, so I’ll be postponing till Wednesday evening.

6 Likes

you know what they say, great minds, and all. Sorry I took it first.:smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Actually, I decided on Mephistopheles. Otherwise it wouldn’t have been available for you. It arrived on the 28th :wink:
Hope to see all the things you laser. Have fun!

2 Likes

Congrats02

4 Likes

Yes, a beautiful piece of equipment!

1 Like

Well poop … my GF literally just arrived and is sitting on the floor and I was going to use that name as well … wonder if my backup is taken (no, i’m not saying what it is yet!).

2 Likes

why not, i can’t use it. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

but others could!

1 Like

@n_s_clements I don’t think you have to have a unique name.
I’m pretty sure you can name your Glowforge Hephaestus. Just probably not a great idea to name all three of your own the same thing. So you can distinguish the machines that you have access to.
Go ahead. Hephaestus is a great name.
My daughter is one of 3 Emmas in her second grade class.
Nobody cares but her teacher.

5 Likes