First decent cut - Map of Los Angeles and Bracelet

Hey everybody!
So this is my first real cut on my glowforge! My machine beat the materials so I went to michaels and bought some cheap leather and some cork. There was also some wood but guess what? I made a rookie mistake of buying the wrong thickness! I cut the bracelet first and then the cork. The bracelet was on glowforge’s catalog and took about 30 secs to cut and then assemble. The cork took about an hour and while not the most elegant of etching, it is completely awesome.
Happy cutting!
Megan

32 Likes

Have fun! I imagine its a question of which comes first the :proofgrade: or the :glowforge: . Soon I will have both if they survive the boatride from Miami to St. Croix…

2 Likes

Congratulations! Those are some great projects to start with! :grinning:

2 Likes

Glad you were able to track down material for your first cuts!

1 Like

Yeah, I live in Los Angeles and the factory is in California as well. So that’s probably why I got my machine first.

Why thank you! I was nerding out about them while I was doing it, even though I have built more elaborate projects before.

1 Like

Thanks! I was definitely happy to get some material too! I bought some paper today and am trying to fix a pop out card that I had made on a school machine.

1 Like