First dive into custom game organization

I spent 12 hours or so designing, redesigning, grumbling under my breath, nixing ideas, gluing my fingers to things, and ultimately loving my first attempt at a custom game organization.

The game is called wingspan. It’s a beautiful game about birds of the world. Probably in the top 3 favorite games my wife and I own. The game came with a total of two plastic trays similar to what I made. I wanted it all in one so bam I made my own! Print time on 2 tray tops right now is 11 hours on HD graphic! I’m thinking I’ll see what it looks like in standard, that was only 3.5 hours.

38 Likes

Very nice. I think you’ll be happy with faster engrave settings, but only testing will tell…

5 Likes

That looks great. Never heard of the game, I’ll have to look it up.

4 Likes

I love this game!! I love the engraved part for the face up cards!!

5 Likes

I’ve also never heard of this game, but your storage solution for it is lovely.

4 Likes

Wow! Very great job!

5 Likes

Beautiful (both the engraving and the clean organization). I love Wingspan! I think many a player will enjoy playing using your project design.

5 Likes

Super cool

5 Likes

Nice turnout! You will get a lot of joy from your project each time you play.

4 Likes

Sorry, maybe I’m missing it here but is the file still available?? I’d love to make this for my wingspan game too! Such a cool idea and great execution

1 Like

You aren’t missing anything here. This category is mostly just for showing off what’s been made. Sometimes people swill include a file but those will usually showcase in #free-laser-designs.

And also, welcome.

6 Likes

Ahh I see, okay thanks! I saw someone else mentioned that others will love to make one too and I thought “yes! I would!”
Would be willing to purchase!

1 Like

Just click on their profile and go to their etsy store.

4 Likes

oh sick! thank you. sorry for being clueless.

2 Likes

I love this. I recently purchased my Glowforge and my game of Wingspan was the first idea that came to mind. The game is fantastic but the storage options that come with the game are a little lacking. I would love to see if you’ve updated your design since this original post or made room for any of the expansions. We have one expansion set so far. :wink:

2 Likes

@RyanD hasn’t been on the forum for a while. You might have better luck reaching out through their Etsy store (linked in their bio - click on their icon)

2 Likes

@deirdrebeth Thank you!!

3 Likes