First edge lit acrylic project

Really liked all the edge lit projects shown around here and finally got the time to build a project for my daughter as a present. Turned out really well for the first attempt. Got worried at first as the job was running because the PG settings for engrave looked like they were really deep but it turned out good.

50 Likes

Looks awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m sure she loves it.

3 Likes

So cute!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Perfect! She will be thrilled!

3 Likes

Cool unicorn! She’ll love it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Wonderful gift. Win for dad.

3 Likes

She will be thrilled I’m sure.

3 Likes

Very nice first job

3 Likes

Thanks all! Now its time to find more of the bases. The seller on Amazon is out so going to have to hit up eBay, hopefully the will be the same or close.

1 Like

Check out Johnson Plastics https://www.johnsonplastics.com/

2 Likes

Soooo cute! Love edge-lit projects.

1 Like

It turned out great!!

1 Like

What width acrylic did you use?

1 Like

I used Medium :proofgrade: acrylic, 1/8" thick.

1 Like

That is a nice color of violet/purple/mauve. LEDs are the free throws of the Glowforge experience. They are a basic shot and there is no excuse for not making them!

3 Likes

Daughter loved the light! It tied first place with a jump rope from Santa tho. :roll_eyes: I had to go back and make one for my desk at work.

Not sure I will ever do that again!!! Took about an hour it seems to remove all the masking from it. I’ll have to try gorilla tape next time and see if that helps any.

5 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea, I’ll have to try that too.

1 Like

Can’t take credit for that, saw it somewhere recently around here after I spent all that time pealing each segment off.

Maybe I have the wrong tape but tape doesn’t work so well for me on PG acrylic but I did buy (after reading about them on the forum) plastic razor blades. There are bunches of them on amazon. Here are the ones I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WL9SC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like