First full day with the Glowforge

Here are my first attempts at tile work with the Glowforge on its first full day of use.

57 Likes

Excellent work for an old-timer let alone on your first day!

4 Likes

What a great start!

4 Likes

You may be new to Glowforge, but clearly you are not new to design! My favorite is the ultrasound. You captured all the miracle of the unborn in perfect detail.

6 Likes

your work is excellent!!! – how are you prepping? obviously you are skilled in this,
care to share any ‘secrets’ with us?

:slight_smile:

Jonathan

3 Likes

These look great! I’m guessing you’re using the Norton method? Well executed:-) Tiles are a lot of fun.

1 Like

Really great! I especially like the colored in Mickey.

2 Likes

The only skill I have is watching hours and hours of video and reading ya’lls comments.

I tried both the Norton method on the tile and just going straight engraving. While the norton method offered extra color it seems easier to clean and I liked the depth of using color. The only other prep I did was clean the tiles with acetone before hand. Full Power, 850 speed, 340 dots.

6 Likes

I tried the norton method ended up harder to clean up after. I ended up just etching. I am trying both liquid alcohol ink and sharpies, both have their advantage. I also have some India Inks but my first try with those were not promising but I may just need to heat them before I clean up.

I am also thinking about using a clear acrylic sealer just to be on the safe side.

@brian25 those came out great! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Geez just killing me here. I had several things I was going to GF this week. and thus far NOTHING. so the Microwave Trim is STILL not going to be in place when kid double prime returns from camp.

3 Likes

I am lucky my GF arrived on the first day of my vacation. :wink: next week will be harder to play.

2 Likes

Great timing!

Mine arrived after the LONG wait. early November, a few days after we were under contract for a new house. and I had 1100sq feet of LVP flooring to put down. in the house we were going to be selling.

so in reality I have still at this point barely used BEAMER

1 Like

Very nice! Good way to treasure those memories.

1 Like

LOL! I thought the punchline was going to be that the pile of LVP wasn’t getting any smaller :smiley:

4 Likes

Great first day! Nice work. Love that mickey and space ship! Cool.

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

I love that you named your forge BEAMER! Mine’s named Geordi (La Forge, of course!) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be careful doing tiles…they are addictive haha. Great job

2 Likes

Wow, awesome

2 Likes