First Generation Quiver

I recently made a quiver and got a lot of positive feedback. So I thought I would share the design.
Here is what it looks like:

This is my first run, so I made it with the cheapest materials that I have on hand. The body and the strap are made with 4-5oz vegtan leather. The bottom and the arrow spacer are made with MDF, using GlowForge cut. And the lining between the MDF pieces and the body are 2 strips of 2-3oz suede leather.

I didn’t take many pictures of the process. I didn’t think anyone would be interested. But I got one here that show how those pieces line up:

In addition to those, I used a D ring, a few rivets and a Chicago screw on the strap.

Notes:

• My first run, the holes on the MDF was too small for the needles I have on hand. So I made an adjustment to my original design to make the hole a little bit bigger.
  • I cut the suede leather 10 in. long. When I am done stitching it to the MDF, I cut off 0.25in. on the end.
  • The vegtan leather was thick, so all the measurements work out fine for me. You may want to choose materials that helps the 3 pieces line up. (I’m thinking of an alternative where the leather don’t meet on the round, but wrap around one another for easy adaption on different thickness.)

Finally, here is the svg: Quiver
And if you want to print the leather pattern on US letter size, you can use this file: Quiver.pdf (147.1 KB)

See more pictures on my instagram post: @kaywaicraft on Instagram: "Rodelle finally set up his Christmas gift, the target for my archery, last week. I tested it out and was frustrated with the tube I had to hold my arrows. The tube doesn't stand on my uneven yard. I couldn't find a quiver that I like, so I decided to make one. This one is made with MDF cut out from #glowforge to hold the arrows apart."

71 Likes

That’s beautiful-nicely done!

2 Likes

Nice! Looks super cool, thanks for the share! Oh and welcome to the community! Thanks for using your first post to be so generous.

4 Likes

Nice opening shot. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Welcome. I won’t be needing a quiver, but I appreciate your generosity. This is a great project.

5 Likes

Considering how beautiful it is, the different types of stitching, using stitching that is both functional and adds greatly to the visual impact I can forgive you for being so wrong about no one being interested. :+1: :heart_eyes: :wink:

6 Likes

It’s an elegant design and incredibly generous of you to share.

4 Likes

This is stunning. Well done.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the welcome and the kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

How rigid did it end up being? Could it fold easily in the middle, or is it tough enough to keep its tube shape?

2 Likes

Very clever design and neat looking stitching too. Thanks for sharing . :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome! And what a fabulous design - and so nice of you to share!

2 Likes

How rigid did it end up being? Could it fold easily in the middle, or is it tough enough to keep its tube shape?

It’s very good actually. The 4-5oz vegtan leather hold up the shape very well. (Mine is 2mm thick. So 5-6 oz may works as well.) You can see here when I was sewing, I need to glue the pieces together and use binder clip to hold it in place.

I haven’t worked with heavier weight leather, but that maybe something you want to try. Also, I wouldn’t use MDF if I plan for it to get wet/ last a long time.

5 Likes

Love it! I have a hip Quiver, I wonder if I can adjust it to take the place of my other one. It looks amazing!

2 Likes

Wow, handsome design and nicely done!

2 Likes

I have a hip Quiver, I wonder if I can adjust it to take the place of my other one.

I am very short (4’11), so if the arrows are by my side, I wouldn’t be able to draw it up. But I would love to see it on someone else.

1 Like

Looks great good job

1 Like