First “paying” project

In N C you could drive with the liquor in the trunk, or drink it first and then drive, or drink it on your front porch as that was private property, but open or not you could go to jail if someone even saw the empty container in public.

You could I suppose drink your bloody mary in public as long as it was in a V8 container and nobody got close enough to smell it.

I write on a website for “Glowforge” things… guess not close enough LOL.

Congrats on this venture. I remember when you were just starting it :smiley: :tropical_drink:

3 Likes

still slowly growing. getting there.

we added a new spirit this year, too.

Belgian small batch (600 bottles at a time) gin.

4 Likes

I split the difference. Three hours north of key west, 5 hours south of Jax. I’m Jacksonville regularly for business.

You are in Miami? (and drive pretty fast) If you cane I-75 and missed the I-4 exit by one you would be a stones throw from here. :grin:

No, I’m about 45 min north of Miami.

1 Like

I went to the University of Miami and don’t think we ever made Key West in three hours and commuting to Jax from Orlando I had to leave by 5:00 am to be at work by 9:00 Monday mornings (I had a high top camper for the rest of the week):thinking:
Those time were great as the pay included hotel and food money I did not spend o hotel and food

If that far south and any interest in smoking meats a search for Trema would be worth the effort. I never saw it north of the Broward line but south of it and out Highway 41 is quite common and easy to recognize if you know it, not confused with other species even at a distance, and is a pioneer species of disturbed areas.

Describing flavors is impossible but while tasting quite different from hickory smoked the effect is similar.

1 Like

Love it! Well done !

2 Likes

Other side of the state—Tampa.

1 Like

Pretty narrow state, When Jaws was first out we would run over to Venice Beach and collect sharks teeth and sell them to the Science Center in Miami, paying for the trip at the least.

2 Likes

Haha! We went on a school trip there as a kid. I love that beach. I’ve found thousands of teeth there over the years. And now I’ve taken my own kids there.

1 Like

With so many boxes how do you adhere the joints? A q-tip and wood glue, which is what I have been doing, seems daunting. Do you have a quick method? Spray glue and some jig? Great project!

1 Like

a little needle tipped bottle full of wood glue. line up all four sides of each piece, quickly run a bead down each pairing, then put the pieces together and wipe the excess.

2 Likes

Awesome! thank you! Just ordered them!

1 Like

you have to squeeze pretty hard, and you’ll want to cap fairly quickly so it doesn’t start tp dry out. but it really helps with being precise.

woodworkers use things like this or different size syringes for different amounts of flow, depending on the viscosity of the glue and how much they want to get out. these bottles seem to work fine for the tiny fingers i make on 1/8" wood.

1 Like

Me too! How can I have made things for so long and not known about something like this? Answer to a reoccuring problem? I hope so! Thanks @shop!

1 Like

This looks amazing! What software is used to create the box?

Thanks. I started with https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/ for the basic box, then edited in illustrator.

1 Like