First pegboard experments

Well as many of you know, the significant parts of the wall in the lair are covered in Slatwall, having no more room for additional slat wall it is time to fill the smaller sections with pegboard.

These are my first experiments with pegboard accessories. I had 3D printed a tape measure tray, but it didn’t turn out at all well, so I designed and cut one. Then a general-purpose tray. These don’t look like much, but they are my “rosetta stone” for doing pegboard, and they will inevitably lead to dozens more.

35 Likes

Nice job! Pretty soon it will be time for a video tour of the lair once you have a place for every thing in your workshop.

6 Likes

I know those trays are going to multiply and migrate throughout the pegboard environment. I think useful projects are some of the best projects.

6 Likes

I love the organizational projects! (Now if I could just get around to implementing them in my workrooms. . . )

6 Likes

Is that even possible? I think it violates a basic law of the universe. There always seems to be one more thing that needs its own home. :frowning_face:

9 Likes

You are quite the jokester sister, but thanks for thinking that it is posible. :blush:

7 Likes

There is no telling how much they will evolve but that is the plan. Every vertical space!

3 Likes

So I’ve done both a peg board art organizer for my step daughter, and now I’ve been delving into these for the workshop as well, based on this design:

A little gorilla super glue and those suckers are holding up well. I’ve re-designed several of the boxes to accomodate bits / drill accessories. The mounting pins in the back work really well, although I like how you’ve built yours into the sides!

6 Likes

I have designed the pegboard hooks right into the sides for better strength but I will come back to these for inspiration.

I am also going to experiment with joinery on these as they tend to be small and easy to experiment with.

2 Likes

Nice! Like the way you designed these.

1 Like

What a great idea! Well done.

1 Like

Great idea! (And I don’t know why this hasn’t displayed until now…something funky going on with my browser.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes