First Photo Puzzle

I finally got around to trying my first photo puzzle experiment. I didn’t have any photo paper on hand, so I just used regular printer paper, and I used spray adhesive to stick it to 1/4" underlayment from Home Depot – so it’s not super high quality and probably won’t last long, but it’s just a prototype, so that’s okay. Mostly I wanted to test the cutting / kerf stuff, and thanks to all the great advice posted by @jbmanning5 (e.g. set the focus to half the material height), that part came out beautifully! I finished it with about 5 coats of spray lacquer – could have used a couple more, but my can was approaching empty and that was all I could coax out of it.

The photo was of my 3yo grandson eating some of his birthday cake. Here he is contemplating the assembled puzzle after he and my daughter put it together:

29 Likes

Great job! (Matter of fact, I think the picture of him looking at the picture puzzle would make a good picture puzzle.) :grinning:

11 Likes

Fun! And @Jules has a great idea. Maybe you could do one every year of him looking at the puzzle from the previous year.

8 Likes

Hey, I also just started making puzzles with some of my drone photos! Here’s one of Sunset Cliffs in San Diego, CA.

I was gonna make a post, but I’ve got at least 2 or 3 others ones I’ve been needing to post about as well…haha Yours came out really good, and I bet he loves looking at himself like that! These custom puzzles are awesome!

12 Likes

Very fun!