First post - Ceramic Tile

those are a great first project! Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Tiles are so cool…those look great! Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome. Your tiles looks great.

2 Likes

Very nice. Ceramic tile isn’t Proofgrade, but it makes great starter projects.

2 Likes

I think those were from someone (stephanie) who doesn’t seem to be here anymore (maybe she sold her unit?). She was a grad student as I recall.

2 Likes

Could it be this one? It was by @Janerlea and has been used by lots of folks—very nice design.

Your tiles look great! It makes such a pretty set.

(BTW, @steph still posts occasionally to her Instagram. I’m a follower.)

3 Likes

Stephanie was the designer of those turkeys that so many of us made for Thanksgiving…a long while ago, now. There are many people who come to mind occasionally that no longer post on here. I miss some of them.

4 Likes

I thought she did the variation on the stands with the cutouts in the feet.

1 Like

Very possibly…I don’t really remember. I just remember the turkeys. I seem to remember that she was an architect student.

1 Like

She doesn’t show up anymore doing the @steph… thing - bunch of full spellings that aren’t her. I think that means she doesn’t have a GF anymore.

2 Likes

As if I would ever get rid of my Glowforge!!

haha got the alerts about my name popping up and I couldn’t resist. @jamesdhatch you’re right about the grad school…once I got there I really couldn’t keep up with the forum so I switched to Instagram for faster posts on projects.

@juliedodd89 the ceramic tiles look amazing!! I did post a free stand design somewhere on here but mine wasn’t nearly as pretty, very minimal and utilitarian.

15 Likes

Welcome to the community. Nice Tiles!

1 Like

Yep. That’s the post. I got them from.

Hey we missed you :grin: Glad you’re still finding some 'forging time.

Very odd - when I did the @steph… you didn’t show up. But now it does - wonder if Discourse filters the stack of suggested names by when the person logged in last.

You have to done (or close right?) - time to jump back in the monkeyhouse.

3 Likes

Glad to (maybe) be back!! I graduated in May and now it’ll be back into an office setting for me, so that should mean plenty of time to be on the forums :laughing:

6 Likes

Congrats. It’s easy to get sucked into a work-centered vortex but good to remember that there’s more to life.

That’s honestly the only thing I regret - not taking more “me” (or at least “not work”) time. There are always crises and something that “must go out today” but just like the cake here, it’s a lie :wink:

2 Likes

Aha! I was right…it was you! Happy to see you again, Steph!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! You will enjoy it, and congrats on a great first project!

2 Likes

I adore your artwork choice. Very cute.

2 Likes

Well Done! They look lovely! :slight_smile:

2 Likes