First Print--Engraving white-core cardstock

Hi Everyone!

This is my very first print after getting the glowforge set up. Since I’m a dev, it seemed fitting to make “Hello World” my first print. Design assembled in illustrator using a licensed stock vector of the globe.

I picked up some white core cardstock at the craft store, and thanks to settings GenieSoul and kittski posted in Beyond The Manual, I was able to get a successful print on my very first try :sunglasses: .

Here is the finished product:

31 Likes

Excellent introductory project! Can’t wait to see the next one! :grinning:

4 Likes

Oooo, nice project! I like how that contrasting core engrave gives you two colors with one material.

2 Likes

Nice! I really like how we can engrave paper, I make my own cards now. :sunglasses:
Welcome to the forum! We look forward to what else you make. The exploration of materials is like a treasure hunt to me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I ended up doing a second print of a video game symbol on blue cardstock and got similarly good results. And now I’ve got some squares of laser cutter-friendly birch plywood on the way, and am eying all the cool etched tile projects folks have put up. This might get a little out of hand.

3 Likes

Looks great! Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes