First Project: Acrylic Insets & Acrylic Glue Tips

Your friend will love it and you for being so thoughtful. She will never see the “tiny imperfections.” I can’t see anything wrong in the photo. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

So sweet! Thank you!

1 Like

Morning! My resin supplies were delivered last night and I did a down & dirty test this morning. I was intentionally messy and haphazard as I applied it to a scrap sample. I found it easy to wipe/clean off, which was wonderful. It cured in less than three minutes, which was impressive. With care, and consideration, this should work beautifully.

Thanks for your help. It’s greatly appreciated.

@trually- it is definitely stinky and toxic. I still need to read through your info. I probably should be more concerned, but sometimes my drive to get things right overwhelms my common sense.

5 Likes

I understand.
I just a horrible reaction to epoxy (after using it a little bit for a few months, with PPE) that resulted in three Dr appts, lots of prescription meds and stern instructions to never use it again. I took me something like 3 or 3.5 months to recover. (I switched to crystalac and now have many of their products to use, but it doesn’t work in molds. But I’ve been too busy to work with it for a while.)

I hope you quickly figure out what will work for you!

3 Likes

I’ve used the Bo disc to fix cheap sunglasses and it worked very well. Just not cheap.

That looks awesome. I am also a beginner glowforger and I was looking for a solution to bonding acrylic to acrylic. I am still wondering what to purchase! I hope your future master peices are just as brilliant - well done you

2 Likes

Acrylic cement - something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TENSOL-Acrylic-Adhesive-Perspex-Bonding/dp/B07G4Z1PFT/

It’s a liquid that will slide between the pieces of acrylic and chemically bond them permanently. Lovely stuff, easy to spill though!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I lost a nearly full bottle from not tightening it enough.

1 Like

I am not sure there is an “enough”. I keep the bottle closed tightly in a metal lidded jar in the freezer with that second jar is also tightly closed. There is usually a puddle in the second jar where it has escaped the first jar and condensed on the sides of the second jar.

1 Like

I have been using these with wood glue but the fact that they can be sealed very tightly might make them good for the acrylic as well…

Using these tips as well. The end is so small that the glue does not block the tip when it drys and can place extremely tiny amounts of glue very precisely…

2 Likes

Sweet! My husband will be retiring in a few years and I’m trying to re-learn to economize so I need to keep this stuff, instead of just shrugging and buying a new one. (When we first got married in 1980 we could feed the 2 of us and our animals on $20 a week)

2 Likes