First Project, First Design

While I waited for my new machine I have been designing soooooo many things. I am proud that this is the first design and cut project. I am obsessed with this iridescent acrylic.
Here’s to the first of many many more projects!

62 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You arrived with a bang. Nice project!

8 Likes

That is cool!!!

4 Likes

Thank you!~

Looks amazing!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see more of your designs! Day ain’t over yet!

4 Likes

That looks great! Welcome to the forum!!

3 Likes

Turned out fantastic! Love your acrylic!

1 Like

That’s so cute! Welcome!
That acrylic looks awesome. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this great project. Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome! Keep those creative juices flowing and be sure to share!

2 Likes

Welcome! Love the logo.

3 Likes

Very nice! i agree- there are a ton of gorgeous acrylics out there. I got a really nice package of mixed translucents on EBay that had many types I’d never tried and discovered some new favorites.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum :slightly_smiling_face:
You might want to do a search around here for various issues and opinions regarding Acrylics and acrylic-like plastic as some work better than others.
I had sone very bad results with some that was heavily mixed with mica flakes that as you might imagine made it tough for the laser to cut through. Also, keep a sharp eye out for even the possibility of vinyl or PVC as the fumes of even one cut can eventually destroy your machine. There is also cast (good) and extruded (not so good) and polycarbonate (not good at all) sheets that all look the same but are very different in a Glowforge.

5 Likes

This is fantastic advice. Thank you!

2 Likes

The logo is stinkin’ cute, and the irrid is eye poppingly gorgeous! I love how clean the design is. I think you will appreciate this YouTube video, if you missed it earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4cULawqXU
It goes into how to make your own irrid acrylic :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Way cool! Well made.

1 Like

Where to go from here. Up of course.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

4 Likes

That Frenchie design is so damn cute!

3 Likes

This is awesome!!! Thank you for this.

4 Likes