First real print: Laptop desk

Here my first “Real print”. A laptop stand, replacing a shoe box. Not space efficient on the board and missing detailing on the side but still happy of it.

(Yes I have my own maker tag on it, the shield :slight_smile:)

33 Likes

Functional for sure. Nice job!

4 Likes

Yes, but the Shoe box also was functional. A bit of design and beauty would be good. And improving the space use on the PG board would be nice.

1 Like

Turned out great! :grinning:

3 Likes

Misaligned the shield (Facepalm myself hard when assembling)

4 Likes

But I am proud that the jointing is tight enough to need nothing. Since the diagonal supports that take also the laptop weight, it won’t be a problem in the future.

I always like to see practical items that are also beautiful. Very nice!

3 Likes

The placement of your shield reminds me of when I had built a clock with a drawer in my wood shop class back in high school. One of the older kids from another class had stolen mine and put his name on it, but luckily I had put my name on a joint on the inside of the drawer so when it was assembled you could only read half of my name, he failed and I passed and I got my project back. So, at least you know none of the older kids can steal your work with this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:t4:

6 Likes

Nice project! But the real question is: how long has that red top been spinning? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not that long (It’s aluminium), but the silvery one (Titanium) really spins for a long time. And yes I bought it because of Inception.

1 Like

I’ve been intrigued by “high end” tops but I haven’t bought one (yet). I love the variety of metal and performance .

Forever Spin are really nice ones. Here are the two tops spinning : https://photos.app.goo.gl/apuGUjkQXwkHXFrz6

4 Likes

Just to provide a counter experience to anyone reading.

My Forever spin tops on average have lousy balance for what I would expect of a CNC made top. Not a great run kickstarter either, later delivery and over promised mostly. But that was 2 years ago now. Beautiful to look at just on the spin side hit or miss depending on the top. I really can’t make an alternate recommendation though.

2 Likes

Well here is V2, (the first one broke in transport to show :frowning: )

Changed to mortise and tenon joint (too tight in the design) and added simple visual flourishes.

6 Likes

Nice replacement. I like the simple decor on it. Excellent!

1 Like