First Sconce

So I tried to make my own sconce… and it actually turned out pretty cool!

The front is 10.5" x 10.5" and is attached to the wall via 4" standouts. The whole thing is 1/8" plywood that I didn’t really finish. This is mostly just a proof of concept to see if it would look cool, and by golly, it does!

I used parchment paper to diffuse the light behind the design. I adhered it with wood glue, but next time would definitely use some of the spray on adhesive stuff as it got a lot more wrinkly than I would have liked.

74 Likes

That looks FANTASTIC!

Well done really. I love the dimension and depth in that.

5 Likes

Very cool! More pics please

3 Likes

That looks supercool!

3 Likes

Looks great. I love the effect.

3 Likes

Another really cool idea, look great.

1 Like

Reminds me of a poster my sister had … only it was in psychedelic colors under the blacklight. Very, very cool sconce!

2 Likes

Oooh aaah…love it!!

1 Like

That makes a wonderful sconce! And I love the diffuse light effect from the parchment! Great job on it! :grinning:

2 Likes

if you don’t want to mess with the parchment, you could look at some sort of 1/8" frosted acrylic. or even a piece of frosted or textured glass.

3 Likes

It’s WAY cool!

Whoa…this looks sharp! I could totally see a few of these in the hallway of some really modern office buildings.

Love it!

This is really gorgeous! I love, love, love lights…and this one hits the spot.

Stunning! You are a sconce natural. Thanks for shedding light on your process :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Concept proven. First sconce. Not last sconce by any means.

4 Likes

Stunning! So many applications, so little time.:sunglasses:

That looks great. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone opening, you should do one with that cone!

1 Like