First sublimated mugs

I have that oster oven. But I use it for it’s intended purpose. :rofl:

2 Likes

I ordered my heat press from Sunie. They had great reviews and are out of Las Vegas from my memory a few years ago. I did have one issue with the temperature reader. They sent me a new one which I easily replaced. Again, if memory serves me it was around $200. Now it does not have any attachments, it is just a good solid flat press.

1 Like

Best Buy & Target have it for sale for 199.99 too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wait, what? I thought you needed an actual sublimation printer like the sawgrass line. I actually have a large format epson ecotank… EXPLAIN FURTHER. :smiley:

3 Likes

You can use any Epson printer for sublimation, just switch out the ink. It’s easier with a printer that has never had factory ink, but you can still purge the tanks of the old ink and refill with the new. InkOwl sells a print head cleaning solution just for this purpose. I use their ink and paper.

The Sawgrass printers are essentially Ricoh’s that have been rebranded. You cannot use Canon nor HP’s because of their head design (they heat the print head).

I have an Epson 7620 and 7710. They both will print up to 13 x19 size sheets.

6 Likes

had to look it up. I have the 7750.

1 Like

Oooo, that’s a good one!!

yeah. I’m pretty happy with it… And now you have me with another one in my dell cart to use specifically for sublimation. :rofl:

1 Like
2 Likes

The make ink especially for the wide format printers.

1 Like

I’ve got the Epson Workforce 7720. I use InkOwl catridges and ink. I was looking at the Sawgrass too, until I read about the Epson printers being able to print with sublimation ink. I’m so glad I did too, because I was really going to drop the money for a Sawgrass. The Epson didn’t even need a special piece to handle 13x19 inch paper. Sawgrass that was an extra purchase.

1 Like

I also have the Epson P600 ultrachrome printer but that one wouldn’t be very good to make sublimation. :slight_smile:

Also… holy crap it’s expensive for ink on that thing. 9 cartridges for a full refill.

Decided I probably shouldn’t spend quite that much on another 7750. So I went with

Now… to get some paper and sublimation inks… What have you all gotten me into now? :rofl:

4 Likes

It pairs so well with the GF though. I sublimate on the PG acrylics. Images so up perfectly on the white.

I use the GF to cut the base material, silhouette to cut the image on the paper to exact size and I press it together. So I finally get to use all the tools I bought. :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I upgraded my silhouette to the 4 plus a few months ago as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t taken that leap. I got the curio a year ago, and prior to sublimation, I didn’t use it enough to justify buying a bigger/nicer one. I wanted the new Silhouette, but I don’t see me using it. I only used the curio a few times to cut vinyl to use as car decals.

I have a problem with gadgets… what can I say? I had bought a used cameo 2… never used it… bought a 36" generic cutter off of amazon that I think I used twice… sold the cameo 2… bought a cameo 3 that I used a few times… and then upgraded to the 4 plus which I have used a bit more and plan to use even more with this sublimation stuff. I also got some printable vinyl to use with it, but just haven’t found the time to play with it yet.

2 Likes

I also had a gadget addiction, but I’m trying to think them through now since I’m running out of space and we plan to move next year.

I wanted the cameo pro…not sure if it ever came out. My brain told me that I could make big car decals. But I think next up on my list is a CNC and bigger heat press.

I was going to buy the GF Pro, but I’m stuck on the fence (because a CNC seems cheaper and can do thicker materials).

3 Likes

Pretty sure the Cameo 4 Pro is out. 24 incher I think.

2 Likes

Yeah…I’m not going to look…a friend of mine asked me if I ever looked at UV printers…I told her no, and I wasn’t going to start…