First Thing Worthy of Sharing on our new Glowforge!

Several years ago I made a bracelet for my wife. After making it, I declared I would never make that design again because it took too long and we could never cash flow it in her etsy shop. Now that we have our glowforge, it was the first thing that I wanted to try to make. Took me two tries to get the settings where I wanted them, but here are the final results!

celtic knot cuff 2celtic knot cuff 4celtic knot cuff 3

The celtic knot is actually a font that I purchased and then played with. The leather is 8 oz vegetable tan leather, formed and hardened, then stained with a fudge brown ecoflow stain and then topcoated. It’s a claspless bracelet and will maintain that shape for it’s lifetime (as long as you take care of it)

92 Likes

This turned out soooooooooooooo nice!!!

4 Likes

That’s beautiful! (And I think I bought that font too, years ago. Love the knots.) :grin:

5 Likes

That. is. stunning! Thank you for showing it.

2 Likes

That looks awesome! I expect that they’ll be making an appearance in your Etsy store!

4 Likes

I believe Kimberly (Lucy) posted it already!

2 Likes

wow!!.. did you see that awesomeness?

12 Likes

Thats beautiful…love the color contrast!!

4 Likes

The desert tan looks better. I’ll do one of those next!

4 Likes

And her etsy page is…?

3 Likes

Wow, that looks great! The lines are so clean and simple, and I love the claspless design.

1 Like

Thanks and it holds up overtime. The one I made for her a few years ago still holds it’s shape.

2 Likes

LucyLovesLeather is the business name: (https://www.etsy.com/shop/LucyLovesLeather)

3 Likes

This is just gorgeous, and I love that you were able to resurrect a design that you’d laid to rest. Wow!

3 Likes

What a great project and fantastic design!

1 Like

How do you harden the leather?

@lewis
@kponce had a question about hardening the leather.

2 Likes

Sorry, haven’t been on the boards for a long time. Just seeing this now. To harden the leather, you wet it (not dripping wet). Put it in the oven (low temp) and keep checking it. You must harden it in the shape that you want it to keep. Let it dry and it’s ready to be stained.

2 Likes

Very nice work!!

1 Like