First time engraving on cork!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

A little quarantine 2020 crafting experiment featuring my grand cat @thisisramonathekitty !!:cat2: First time engraving on cork. It came out a bit darker (on her face) than I was wanting, so I may remove a few layers and try it again. Not bad for my first try! :blush: A big thanks to quinnone2 for the settings he used on his engraved cork, the settings were perfect. :clap:t2:(Profile - quinnone2 - Glowforge Owners Forum)

28 Likes

Yeah wow - I think 2 was just about perfect on the fact, and a mix of 2 or 3 on the body. I love seeing the details fill in as you go!

5 Likes

Nice work! I think the engrave is nice. Perhaps try speeding up or lowing the power. Maybe even increase LPI. You are on your way!

2 Likes

Cute little tabby. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! I had it at 1000, 25, 250โ€ฆthat were recommended on the GF community. I might play with it a bit more and see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! And I totally agree! Iโ€™m going to play around with the layers and see what I can do to improve it a bit. :blush:

1 Like

I love cork! I got a bunch of cork materials at Ikea last year, still burning through them haha. This looks great, well done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! :smiley: Iโ€™ll have to check out Ikeaโ€ฆnever thought about them having cork!

awww so cute!!

2 Likes

Your cat was the perfect subject.

2 Likes

Thank you! She definitely is!!! And we have so many pictures of her since our daughter moved to Denver in Januaryโ€ฆwe miss our grand-cat & daughter so much. She tries to send a few pictures a week. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll be tempted to put her picture on a lot more things using our Glowforge of course!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes