First try with vellum

Thought I’d try using vellum to engrave a skeleton leaf. Thought it turned out decent. Next try I’ll increase the power a little to darken the engrave a bit.

53 Likes

Fantastic detail!

2 Likes

Whoof! Just realized I have a use for the stacks of vellum I’ve got clogging up the storage room upstairs!

Great job! :smile:

10 Likes

That’s really beautiful. The effect is nice and subtle and would look great in a lamp shades.

3 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

Gorgeous. Mind sharing your settings?

1 Like

Engrave S - 800, P - 3 (I’m planning to increase slightly), lpi - 270
Cut S - 300, P - 5, 2 passes

8 Likes

Wow … Might have to try some of these for Thanksgiving / autumn cards.

1 Like

Holy crap this is awesome! I have a bunch of printable vellum, I wonder what it would do to a printed image on the vellum. Well I know what I’m doing with my morning tomorrow. Time to make me a leaf vector.

2 Likes

Ooooooo, really nice! I too have a bunch of vellum to try. Yhese will make lovely embellishments for cards.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking. Also an overlay to a card.

This is so cool! I’ve wanted to stick vellum in and see what happened before, but I couldn’t figure out what it’s made of. The modern stuff is coated in some kind of plastic or something, right?

I am new to this and would like to use translucent vellum paper 93 gsm to make wedding gift boxes. Would you know the settings? Glowforge Aura.

Azera Designs

1 Like

The Aura is pretty new, so there aren’t a whole lot of custom settings that people have documented yet. The good news is that that the testing process is really simple, check out number six here:

You’ll find a testing method and also a link to a new spreadsheet that people have started for aura settings. If you do your testing and get good settings, come back and post it to the spreadsheet to help everyone else out too!

3 Likes