First week of projects

Happily I received my Glowforge shortly before Christmas so I was able to get a few things done before I was off to visit family. I am so excited to get to start on all the ideas that have been percolating the last two years but first is the learning curve of new crafting tools.

After a ruler we made a few quick ornaments for the kids to give to their teachers using draftboard.

My first quick test of doing anything with acrylic.

Second version of my Wintersday acrylic ornament.

Bookmarks I made for my nephew. Two colour acrylic from Inventables and proofgrade leather.

Getting the bow to look right on the back took a few more attempts than I anticipated, but I think I am getting the hang of it now. Proofgrade maple ply.

I also made a floral wreath out of maple ply for my grandmother the night before our flights but the contrast wasn’t quite there (yay learning curve.) I took it with me anyhow and ended up painting with acrylics and varnishing it and everyone was still pretty impressed with it. Sadly I didn’t think to take a picture before heading home again but at least I know what to fix for next time.

32 Likes

Those are all really cute projects! :grinning:

1 Like

Great first projects!

Someone is a GW2 fan! I’m in the boat that I have Glowforge now, but lack the skills to quickly crank out some of the designs i’m thinking about.

Welcome! You’ve already tried out a bunch of different materials. Can’t wait to see what happens when you combine them. :slight_smile:

1 Like