Five free designs are about to be posted to our marketing list

these designs appear to have a slightly less restrictive license than the ones in the catalog, adding them there would negate that.

2 Likes

Yes. I wonder how fast it cuts though. I sell a lot of cribbage boards but mine are all 3D carved from solid cherrywood on the cnc machine.

19 Likes

That is very nice carving. Does it take a lot of standing to make it look so good? :grin:

Zero sanding. I use a 1mm radius tapered ball end mill and 8% step over. This one I believe I used a 0.5mm radius tapered ball end mill.

6 Likes

that’s a lovely design, bet you sell a lot of those.

1 Like

i love how 90% of us still do not have the designs but the glowforge people have just stopped commenting on this thread all together

5 Likes

@jbv I’m probably not thinking about all the angles I guess but I’d assume they could mix and match license rights with designs on the catalog. I’m not overly concerned though. I’m still looking for the rubber band drone design!! :wink:

3 Likes

Yup. Annnnny day now! Wait for it. Waaaaaaait for it…

2 Likes

The official Glowforge motto.

2 Likes

These just showed up in my email, so if you are one of the many who hadn’t gotten them, you might want to check now.

2 Likes

The email subject is “Guess Which TV Star Just Got A Glowforge?”

Martha

4 Likes

just showed up here as well.

1 Like

I got them too, at about 9:23 MT.

1 Like

Thanks. Mine arrived as well.

1 Like

Aaaaaand it’s here. Told you guys it was just a matter of :glowforge: time being wibbly wobbly!

5 Likes

Chuckle! Finally figured out how to get Google Drive to let them go…:laughing:
(Thank you @dan and the Design Team!)

3 Likes

Just signed up for this email list! Hopefully I’ll still get those designs? :wink:

They were in my design page last week (could have been for months) when I had occasion to page down through it. I haven’t done that in a long time. They were scattered amongst my own designs.

Never saw an email until today’s announcement about the Maker show lady getting one.

3 Likes

For all I know, they are in mine too, but I have like 20 gazillion designs there, and since they can’t be organized or searched in any useful way, I simply pay no attention there, and just load what I need from my own files, where I can search and organize. :smiley:
I was just letting people know there was a new email out that had them since everybody kept asking.

2 Likes

OK…that was sort of a weird way to receive those. I got the email this morning, read it through then trashed it, not realizing that the free designs link was on there. I managed to retrieve the email and got all the designs, as well. But, I would NEVER have known about the link being in that email if I hadn’t been reading in the forum. Quite the treasure hunt! Now, it remains to be seen whether I will want to use any of them. Thank you though, to the GF team for coming through with the offer.

4 Likes