Five free designs are about to be posted to our marketing list

just saw this, and signed up. Thanks!

I don’t get this. As you need to be an owner to participate here, why not just share them here?

I’m very anxious to hear more news, but I come here to read it, I don’t need more email…

1 Like

100% agree.

4 Likes

This is not aimed at owners… marketing means marketing to new people. He’s allowing us to know as owners that we can also get them if we sign up. It would be nice if my cable company, phone company and other things that I belong to would give me that same courtesy.

14 Likes

Kind of making my point for me.

I’ve fired satellite and cable companies that, when it came time to upgrade after years of paying for their service, wanted to charge me full retail for equipment new subscribers got for free.

Not exactly the same, I know, but marketing effectiveness is at least partially measured by the number of subscribers. We’re already customers so signing up just skews the numbers.

Did these ever go out? Nothing popped in my email. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

No. Patience

7 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this, @dan! Looking forward to surprise freebies – can’t believe folks are complaining… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Veruca Salt Syndrome

9 Likes

While you need to be an owner (or user) to post, anyone can read the forums, including downloading files from Free Laser Designs.

3 Likes

Just checkin’. “Shortly” is rather vague…

2 Likes

@dwardio and @jamesdhatch … the difference here is that Veruca Salt didn’t have a point.

If they’re free designs, post them in free designs. Why would a GF owner want to be on a marketing list? Why would GF want owners on the marketing list? Seems like a pretty low-conversion method to get the word out, we’re already in. If it were a regular newsletter that keeps people who don’t like to forum in the loop it might be different, but I think we’ve seen that “regular” and “news” is not really GF’s bag.

That being said I’ll sign up, just out of curiosity. It just seems like a strange thing to ask us to do… I guess we’ll see once it comes out.

4 Likes

They didn’t ask us to do anything. They offered to let owners get the freebies. @dan didn’t have to post, he chose to post the offer.

7 Likes

If you’re not paying for it, you’re the product. There’s a reason why it’s being delivered this way, and it’s not “Dan’s your buddy”.

Signed up. Thanks @dan. :smile:

4 Likes

i mean, i get what you’re trying to say, but i also think you’re making it a far bigger deal than it is.

dan already has all of our email addresses. unless you sign up with a different one, you’re not adding to their full list. and unless they violate some laws, you’ll have the ability to unsubscribe from this list.

5 Likes

I’m not making a big deal of it, I’m already signed up :slight_smile:

It’s just an odd choice of distribution method to me, so I’ll be curious to see what’s in the mail.

1 Like

I just signed up as well. Looking forward to seeing these new designs.

Hope I didn’t miss them, but as I’ve not seen anyone mentioning them I’m assuming they have not yet been sent.

3 Likes

It’s Free Stuff. Gift horses, etc. :wink:

11 Likes

I’m assuming they’re marketing designs like Trotec does. For regular people they get their emails. For us it’s just letting us get something someone new to the game gets - it’s not like when you sign up for Verizon as a new customer & get great deals but existing customers are shut out (which is why I only bought 1 Apple phone - the first one, then switched to Android).

2 Likes