Flaming while cutting

I failed to mention the engraving before, that’s my fault.

All of the tests I ran last night, the pieces were between 1" and 3"

Prior to the flaming starting 2 nights ago, my steps were load the svg, do the Engraves first and the cuts second.

I ran 20 pieces last night, all cut first, engrave second and it did not flame up.

This makes me think that yes, the left over residue from engraving is what was causing the flames. However, that has never happened until 2 nights ago.

I’ve already determined that all of the fans are clean.

Of course I would want to run more pieces today to test that theory.

So I engraved a design (do NOT read anything into the text!! It’s a poker button I was working on and I don’t keep many designs in my dashboard! I just grabbed one.)

Then I cut it using a dramatically slower speed - 100 vs the default 125 (if you read above, it didn’t cut thru last time but I’m trying to “induce” flames.

I did get a very small amount of flame, but I’m including the pic with masking because you can see it was not enough to even burn that. Perhaps a little darker at the top?

0.8" diameter.

I’m sorry for the trouble while running prints, including when printing on Proofgrade material. Thank you for letting us know about the tests you’ve already run and what you’ve tried so far.

Although you’ve already cleaned the Air Assist fan, I’d like to have our team inspect it to check for anything unusual. Please Remove your carriage plate and send us a photo of your air assist fan similar to this example:

Once we have the photo, our team will look it over carefully and follow up with next steps.

Attachments

We’ve recently announced that we’re switching the “Problems & Support” section of our forum to “Community Support”. Since you started this thread to have a conversation with our support team, I’ll be reaching out to you very soon via email so that you can continue to work with our support team directly.

1 Like