Flat-pack holiday tree

Have you tried the Shaper tool? Not 1 click but may be a smoother workflow than lasso/join/reoeat?

You’d have to be more specific than that. I’ve seen the Shaper tool but I’m not sure how its workflow helps me.

Select all your bits, activate tool, when you hover over artwork it’ll slightly gray areas it can affect. If you click that area will be turned into a shape. Alt+Click will remove shapes and segments. So if you had 4 separate but touching segments and clicked in the middle with Shaper the result is a shape with no fill color. You can click+drag for adjacent areas to be joined. If you have an example file you’d like to share I can try it for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the extra details. The file is the first link at the top of this thread, you can grab the DXF from Thingiverse and play around with it. I just tried Shape Builder and I see what you mean, it does pick up on the shapes. I had to turn gap detection on, but I see how I could have used this to do the majority of my rework on that file. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Glad it worked for you!