"Fleather" Bracelet

I haven’t made any of these in a while. This one was a custom order. I like how it turned out! :slight_smile:

60 Likes

Lovely colors!

1 Like

Thanks! The gold edges didn’t really show up in the photo, but it looks great in person. Unfortunately I didn’t look at the photos before I shipped it off, so it’s too late to retake them!

1 Like

Lovely! That flame-like coloring is so well done.

1 Like

The colors are beautiful!

1 Like

Nice blending of colors.

1 Like

I LOVE this! Wonderful job.

1 Like

Gorgeous colors!

1 Like

Those colors are awesome! Would you share some techniques for getting them so vibrant?

Beautiful work

I think it’s more a function of the paint than the technique. I just use regular acrylic paint, and a barely damp angled flat paintbrush. I start with the edge color, brushing it toward the center, then the inside color, brushing from the center vein out and overlapping into the edge color. Then light streaks of any other colors I want to add – always following the contour of the feather “hairs.” Then I highlight with gold alcohol ink around the edges, let it all dry for a bit, and rub on/buff about 3 coats of clear Kiwi shoe polish.

7 Likes

Wow!

I dunno, I think your technique makes it! Nice touch with your brush. :+1:

1 Like

Do you still have the file for this project? and are you able to share please?

It’s against forum guidelines to ask for peoples designs:

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

1 Like

This is beautiful, your work is stunning.

1 Like

Beautiful! What material is that?

Leather :slight_smile: