Flight of the Phoenix

This is a gorgeous way to combine the materials!

6 Likes

Gorgeous! Love how you used the layered effect.

2 Likes

That blue is just so awesome. The whole thing is great but that blue, wow. Makes it all really pop.

2 Likes

Fantastic project, you are killing me. I need my machine.:grinning:

4 Likes

That. is. Gorgeous. :+1: the cut out is so cool!

4 Likes

Again a beautiful result…I love your creativeness…

4 Likes

Seven votes for gorgeous. That officially makes it 'forgeous!

8 Likes

Love it! Nice work!

2 Likes

This is Amazing! I Love how this turned out!

1 Like

Very nice work! I love that design as well.

1 Like

I’m gone for a single day and miss all the fun stuff again! Outstanding design @jules–just like we’ve come to expect from you! What an innovative idea for the brush drying, and subtly incorporated into the overall design. Once again the cuts and inlays are beautiful (I’m sensing a theme with these birds–what does it mean?), and so glad you were able to use the Pearl-Ex after all that aggravation. The result is worth it, at least from where I’m standing! :wink:

1 Like

Slightly OT, but is there some way of collecting all the photos from various parts of the GF site, along the lines of Googles ‘images’ setting, so that we could have an inspiration folder ?

4 Likes

A Rogue’s Gallery would be a great idea - but I don’t know that Discourse does that format.

I’m guessing the Design Catalog will be in a gallery style format.

1 Like

Jules, I’ve seen the ‘Discourse’ mentioned, but don’t know what it refers to. Can you enlighten me, please.
John

1 Like

It’s the host for the forum here. (They rent it out.)

2 Likes

Very nice brush holder. Not a huge fan of most laser cut box joints because of the contrasting burned-cut light wood effect, but like bill_laba said in walnut it looks good.

I must admit, I’m disappointed in not seeing blue fingerprints over the table, the brush holder, the camera lens, that potted tree-plant that keeps moving around like it’s a Weeping Angel from Dr. Who.

7 Likes

Thats a fantastic effect. That you can accomplish that with the scraps is great. Good project.

2 Likes

Incredibly stylish! Hopefully your creativity will rub off on me (without the blue though):wink:

3 Likes

oooooh, that sounds so cool - can you send a link to instructions wrt coloring and pouring acrylic? (as if I’m not craft-fickle enough as it is)

2 Likes

Pinterest.