Foiled again!

Happy happy day of the cake @bruceaulrich! We’re glad you’re here!

2 Likes

I have no idea what this means?!!! Ha ha

3 Likes

Anniversary of the day you joined the forum. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh gosh… have you seen some of the other colors they have?

Warning - ask someone to hold your wallet, and not give it back to you while you’re on the web, no matter how much you plead with them!

3 Likes

I’ve had rolls of that stuff for years…if only I could find it again. It’s somewhere in a box with other craft supplies. (Hope I didn’t throw that out during a cleaning spree.)

I also hope it’s the same stuff and I don’t kill myself trying to laser something with PVC in it…if you don’t hear from me again…kaff…kaff… :smile:

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks!

Oh, cool! Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

I haven’t tried that, but I expect it would remove all of the foil, and not just what you want to remove.

www.chewbarka.com

2 Likes

This looks like something i want to try on a set of books i want to recover and emboss. Any idea how this would turn out on a piece of leather?

Not sure how well it would hold up over time. Typically, gold embossing on leather is applied with a heat press, and a different type of ‘foil’. What I have used is essentially a sticker.

Good luck. Be sure to share your results. :wink:

How else have you played with these dog tags? Will it etch off the paint?

2 Likes

The laser removes the anodized surface. Anodized aluminum comes out beautifully. A search will bring up several posts about it.

1 Like

Etched dog tag being used as a dog tag:

12 Likes

A natural model. Good dog.

2 Likes

I’ve been SO busy lately, I wasn’t able to reply until now - my apologies. I see; however, that you had great success in creating a dog tag. It looks awesome.

1 Like

Do you need to remove the dog before engraving the tag? :thinking::open_mouth:

8 Likes

Hi all! New here… I did an aluminum belt with foil and it gave me the exact look I was going for with engraving it on the sides and letting the middle stay in tact, but doing it the opposite, with just doing score or cut lines on metal, what power settings do I want? Thanks in advance for the help!

you all talk about it, but ANYONE have settings for us to try???

Thanks!

Jonathan

If you need settings:

Check out #6.

Also try searching for what you need like: “aluminum settings” or “anodized settings”.

It’s all out there, sometimes it’s just a matter of knowing what terms to look for. No need to get all caps lock and multiple question-marky about it… We got you, man :slight_smile:

As always my best advice for anyone getting started is to wade through the forum until you just can’t read any more. You won’t believe how much info is here for the taking.

1 Like