Football Fotoscene

My daughter’s boyfriend is a freshman at Eastern Illinois University and a “walk-on” for the football team. He had a chance to play the previous weekend, and did pretty well. A nice action picture showed up yesterday on Facebook.

I couldn’t resist spending a couple hours in Photoshop, Illustrator and a couple other programs to mask out the action, isolate the vectors, and add a logo backdrop to create another “Fotoscene” (as I’ve dubbed them) that gives it a somewhat 3D look.

A couple pictures attached.

21 Likes

That is really cool! Love the look! Adding tabs to bottom of his cleats would have looked good too and kept the cleats on the top. Even without that it looks amazing!

2 Likes

Very nice.

2 Likes

Actually, the photo was cropped right where the ground line is. I did expand the canvas vertically an extra half inch so that it would slot into the oak base. Kinda wished they’d left his entire foot in the picture.

2 Likes

That really sucks. Still pretty amazing! That definitely will be a cherished gift!!!

1 Like

Yeah, he seemed to like it anyway. This is the original picture…

1 Like

That is a great vector job! Are you using AI or something else?

2 Likes

Amazing job, and a perfect commemoration of the event! That does not look like an easy photo to crop–you did a great job.

2 Likes

Seeing that his other foot was pointing back , I would think a little photoshop magic might be employed.

2 Likes

I use a blend of Photoshop, Illustrator, Inkscape and a CNC CAD applicaton. The workflow got so complex when I figured it out a couple years ago that I had to write it all down. Gives satisfying results.

2 Likes

Well, I did fix the young woman’s feet in this picture from earlier this year, but there’s something about it that’s not quite right. Probably best to leave well enough alone.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Oh yes… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

My dog just looked at me funny since I was laughing so loud. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Exceptional!

2 Likes