For your New Years Eve party?--Custom Swizzle Sticks

I’ve seen lots of cake toppers here (and I made a couple myself) but has this been done yet: personalized swizzle sticks? The medium thickness PG acrylic is a good match to commercially made swizzle sticks and so most people are amazed that they’re so “real”-- where’d you get these?!

I made a batch of these for my country band, The Swains. Fun way to make a souvenir keepsake for special gigs or events. (I’m making some more now for our New Year’s Eve show at the Little Red Hen in Seattle).

You could make your own version to commemorate special events, parties, anniversary celebrations, birthdays, etc.

I also made a series of swizzles, one each for original Swains songs that we get requests for. Instead of a dancing couple I put a shape on top that means something to music fans of a certain age…(maybe it’s coming back with the resurgence of vinyl records?)

File if you want it, tho it’s pretty simple.

32 Likes

A quick search for “swizzle” answers your first question:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?context=topic&context_id=33474&q=Swizzle&skip_context=true

3 Likes

I recognize that shape!!

3 Likes

I don’t know how many decades it’s been since I saw one of those! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Those swizzle sticks are too fun! Great idea (and designs).

2 Likes

Those are great! I did remember a previous post about making some…found it here…

2 Likes

Very nice!

A few months ago, I made a few with my company logo for the director of my department – she inherited a collection of swizzles from her father and absolutely loved the addition.

1 Like

Fun project!

Yours are great! Very clean designs.

Awesome idea!

Hello! I’ve been trying to make some swizzle sticks as well but can’t seem to merge the stick onto the svg… am I doing something wrong … yours looks blended.
Thank you!

Not sure what you mean. Mine are just a single connected vector line (with the silhouette shape at the top). That is a continuous “cut” for the outline of the swizzle stick. Other elements are deep engraves. Does that help? Need a file?

Yes please! Would help with “sizing”…and I sooooo well remember those shapes. We sold our 1957 jukebox (45’s) about a year ago with all the records in it…just wasn’t getting used. Would like to make some swizzle sticks. Thanks!

1 Like

wild%20west

7 Likes

giant 45 adaptor shape.ai (83.3 KB)

And here’s the AI file for a GIANT sized 45 adapter thing as a stand along (sorry, for some reason the svg file won’t load right now)

2 Likes

there is a problem with svg files here — I have illustrator so it’s not a problem. Thanks! Going to sister’s house and we literally just texting about having some amaretto sours when we visit…guess who is going to make swizzle sticks tonight? Thank you

Thank you! I put our names on them and “our song” and the song that I remember my sister & brother-in-law danced to when they were dating.

4 Likes

P.S. Yes I know the 45 adapters were traditionally yellow…but blues is what you get when you don’t own yellow. :wink:

3 Likes

Most of mine are red …

1 Like