Forensic Science Ballistics Lab Equipment

I needed some way to train the trajectory angle of a bullet. I made these small 6x6 “windows” with “bullet holes” for my students to measure the angle of impact. I made the protractors while I was at it!

Materials (Proofgrade medium clear acrylic and medium draftboard) were compliments of a generous referral bonus given to me solely for the fact I am teacher!

51 Likes

Unique use of the Glowforge. Great job.

6 Likes

That should capture their attention. :smile:

6 Likes

I think you hit the mark.

7 Likes

That’s quite the trajectory!

6 Likes

Fantastic! Probably the most unique use of the GF I’ve seen. (And I’ve seen a lot!) Great work.

4 Likes

What a spot-on model! I’m anticipating an influx of forensic scientists in the near future.

2 Likes

This is amazing! I am gonna whip up a few of these for my schools science department. I had made slide holders but never a full demonstration model.

More Glowforge items for the Crime Scene Final in my Forensics class.

“Pills / drugs” from white acrylic proofgrade

Knife from black acrylic (picks up “murderer” fingerprints great!) and draftboard handles.

Jagged pieces of broken “glass” in the back of the third photo. Great for planting blood samples and clothing fibers from the murderer!

I’ll be adding to my collection over the summer to prepare for next fall’s classes!

6 Likes

Thrilling stuff!

1 Like

This is a great use of technology if i’ve ever seen one, simple and direct. Its amazing what we can do with things these days and the creativity to do this is amazing too, great teacher

1 Like