Found a great paint for "metalizing"

When she left, my ex had a bunch of art stuff in her closet. I packed it all away in the storeroom until she gets around to needing it (Not going to throw it away, I spent good money on that stuff!)

Anyway, among the stuff up there, I ran across this:

Photos don’t do it justice. It’s not “chrome” but it’s definitely metal. Think Mandalorian helmet. Here’s an example. Two “coins”. Both engraved on black acrylic. Left has white acrylic paint rubbed into the cuts, right is sprayed with the Krylon paint.

This might show it a little better:

Not only does it LOOK like metal when sprayed on acrylic, but it also makes a really neat effect where the acrylic is engraved.

32 Likes

It does look good, thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

That looks awesome!! Gonna have to get me some!

2 Likes

Is it pretty hardy after it dries on acrylic, or easy to scratch? That’s looks fabulous!

4 Likes

Not sure yet. Time will tell.

4 Likes

Wow, I’ve seen that in the stores, and wondered how good it really looked. Now I know!

3 Likes

I use this stuff on glass all of the time (dollar store glass into faux mercury glass) but, duh me, never once thought of using it on my GF stuff. Thanks!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.