Found in the wild

I did have a girlfriend a while back that was so short I had to pick her up to kiss her. Her ex was very short as well. She almost had her two boys taken away for “failure to thrive” and had quite a time of it trying to explain inheritance.

Awww :frowning: so sad!! I’m glad she was finally able to explain.

When my daughter (with Down syndrome) was born, I was super emotional of course (postpartum hormones) and my daughter was having major problems gaining weight. I was so paranoid. After much work with nurses, things finally turned around. :heart: We STILL have a hard time getting her to eat! LOL She’s super tiny for her age!

2 Likes

Awwww…congratulations!!

1 Like

As the plaque would most likely have been made in the glowforge, that leaves the baby, one of the two blankets, the hat or the bassinet to be made on it. Not sure why the hospital would be making any of their four things on your glowforge, so my guess is that your girlfriend’s niece won’t be house sitting again.

Oops wording - a glowforge, not necessarily yours. Does the hospital have a glowforge?

1 Like

Actually No, we knew the kids name, and THAT is whats burned - the time / weight / height, etc was handwritten in at the ‘moment’

That is a nice and creative announcement. Did you make the monthly ones up to 12 months with the same theme for pictures?

it was a ‘one off’

anyone is welcomed to use the idea.

Jonathan

2 Likes

Wow, you win! When I had our son Josh (the 8.13#), a co-worker had a preemie 2 months before I had Josh. My hospital room was right across from the preemie ward. Josh seemed to fill the hospital bassinet and her son at 2 months old still only 4.8#. She came in to see their baby, saw me across the hall, and about fell over when she saw Josh. Amazingly, he was by far my easiest delivery, probably because he came all natural delivery and we had both of our daughters induced, one because we lived in a town 4 hours away from where my husband was working in construction and cell phones were non-existent, plus I was a week overdue. Our last daughter was induced because it was the disasterous storm in '82 in Santa Cruz with massive flooding, landslides, no electricity, the nurses in San Jose were on strike (where we were living) and my doctor was in Santa Cruz (because we went to school/work in Scotts Valley), so we had her induced the day before I was due.

2 Likes

Needs a banana for scale… :grin:

Seriously, congratulations to your girlfriend’s niece!

3 Likes

Awe!!! So adorable! Congrats

1 Like

That sounds traumatic…

The irony is that I was a premie myself and weighed 3.5 lbs at birth. :rofl:

2 Likes

Can you say, “OUCH!”

3 Likes

A good friend had agreed to adopt from a friend of hers that did not want to abort but was not in a place to raise kids. Then she came time quite early and it turned out to be twins so the friend got what was un-bargained for and lots of expenses as they barely made it. As I remember the smallest was a pound and a half and very tiny. Today they would be in their 40s.

3 Likes

It was traumatic. The highway between San Jose and Santa Cruz kept getting closed due to landslides, so we never knew if we were going to get across or not. We even had to have proof that we had reason to go over the hill (school and work) because so many people were trying to get over to “see all the damage,” that they had roadblocks at the summit. We were living with friends in San Jose, so we didn’t have to worry about our other two children. I had called my doctor to see if he would induce as I couldn’t handle the stress anymore. Since it was only a day early, and because of the circumstances, he agreed, and we spent the night before at a friend’s house in Scotts Valley. Two teenage kids had been killed on campus by a flash flood and an area called “Love Mountain” in the Santa Cruz hills had slid, totally burying 14 homes, some with people in them. They were never recovered because the area was deemed too unstable to enter, even by rescue teams. The only way they even knew people were inside was by other residents who were able to escape, passing and hearing cries for help from chimneys almost buried by the landslide. There were numerous Santa Cruz area mobile home parks washed away by the flooding rivers, bridges knocked out by debris… It was absolutely horrible.

2 Likes

Yikes! (we need a Yikes button to go with the like button)

3 Likes

I had C-sections (long story).
My son had a 15" head :joy:
He refused to come out.

4 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like