Founders Discount gone?

I ordered a ton of supplies about a week ago, I am about to order another huge batch of wood and noticed the founders discount is gone. Is it officially gone or is my account wonkey?

For non international it finished end of last year.

1 Like

I had it applied to an order placed on May 26th, 2019 and I’m not international.

That’s interesting. Is there another category?

I think they extended the year of founder’s discount for some people whose deliveries were later in order to give them a full year of it. So, it may end on different dates for different people.

4 Likes

Mine’s gone too now, but I think this is right. (Noticed with the last order placed. They did run it a little longer than they had “officially” said they would.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ya know… I think anybody with “Founder” attached to them should get a discount for life. Not like the % off would break the bank.

10 Likes

All fourteen thousand of us? :smile:

3 Likes

The question is what percent of the total is that. And if there is any profit on selling to founders. If it simply means that the net profit is less but above zero than yes I think it reasonable to make less profit. As it is the prices are high at 50% above Ocooch per sq ft and their stuff is high quality.

1 Like

I’ve bought from Ocooch, and I don’t like it as well as this stuff. (But then, i like the pre-finish which saves me a ton of work, and the pre-masking which saves money and time again.)

For raw wood, Ocooch is fine though. I just don’t like waiting on varnish to dry.

5 Likes

I feel the same. 50% over raw wood - the token jobs I did, proofgrade saved me a week of staining and finishing.

3 Likes

Yes. I imagine there’s a huge markup on finished woods. So, yeah… As a thank you to all of the Founders, a small discount for life, I think, is quite reasonable.

5 Likes

Yep, we stood fast in the face of ridicule, not that I don’t appreciate the discount we were rewarded for a year, and the unique opportunity afforded to me by the company in the form of a pre-release unit, and store credit every time I made a post of anything I made with the glowforge, but… you know what, nevermind… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I was under the impression us founders were getting it for life. I could be wrong though :frowning:

2 Likes

Nope. It was originally for a year. (They’ve actually extended it beyond that, since it was slated to end in 2018.)

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for my late reply! Thanks for the help everyone.

@jules is correct. We announced that the Founders’ discount will expire at the end of 2018. We’ll extend this benefit for our international customers once the Shop is enabled for international ordering.

2 Likes