Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Lamp

Ooooo, very nice!

1 Like

This is stunning!

Not sure what you meant by this though:

1 Like

To fit in the 6"x12" walnut panel I used, at first I designed with 3" in width of the lamp, but after designing everything and about to cut, I realise the cut pattern were too near each other. So I hastily correct it by reducing the overall width, from 3" to 2 7/8" by reducing the outer edge of the lamp. But that lead to it being quite thin and at assembly, so broke/ complained. So next time, I will keep the outer edge dimensions to about 1/8, and reduce the inner design instead, longer to do but safer for assembly and long term use.

1 Like

Just beautiful! She will really enjoy it!

3 Likes

This is absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

She did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Balancing open areas to let light out and strength to hold the piece together is always a challenge.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of GE Bright Stik LED Bulbs:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! I found this file somewhere online and cut it out of 3mm plywood and backed it with tracing paper. I put a color-changing LED array in mine and it sort of gives it a stained glass look.

12 Likes

I would be interested in it. What is it made of?

It’s made of 3mm Baltic birch plywood that I got on Amazon.

My first thought was that it would make a great new look for the Doctor.

2 Likes

Looks awesome!! :star_struck:

Thanks! Again, I really can’t take credit for the design, but the implementation was a little different.

Wonder with LED lighting it could be run off of batteries and cut the cord.

I’m fond of the 3000K bulbs that have been showing up lately. I find their slight yellow to be a happy medium between the orangish color of 2700K and the harsh blue of 5000K.

1 Like

I tried at first but the effect is meh and the vertical space used before a light was too much (because of the battery) finally, it is quite harder to access it to open and close than a power cord.

I get that. My brain was to have them on the patio.

Weirdly I can see everything in either 2700k or 5000k just by changing which eye I look from. Even the computer screen has a yellow cast that the un messed with eye sees but bright white with the new one.

2 Likes

Absolutely, it’s actually just powered from a phone charger cable and could easily be modded to run on batteries. I just don’t need it to be mobile for my use.

1 Like