Fredericksburg Fashion Week!

I know I have been a bit MIA but I have been working hard making an outfit for every model in Fredericksburg Fashion week, which was this past weekend. I picked all models because I was inspired but so many of them and did not want to leave anyone out.

One of the models I, and everyone else, were really inspired by was Julie. She has had stage 4 breast cancer sense 2018 and amazingly gave birth to twins last year. This is what I made for her to wear on the runway:

I added butterflies to the tulle and under the tulle sleeve are: Adafruit NeoPixel LED Dots Strand - 20 LED 4 Pitch : ID 3631 : $27.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

And at the base of the back of the dress is:

I had it programmed for the neopixels to flicker like lightning bugs unless a 2g step is felt, in which it would then flask pink for a quick second.

This design and some of my glowforge engraved designs, such as the Harry Potter Owl and Game of Thrones Dragon jackets, were also rocked on the runway.

For those interested, Julie did a full live stream of the show and the link is below. The stuff I made all start around the 1 hour and 10 minute mark:

Also, update from New York Fashion Week; my Star Wars and Jurassic Park items are still missing but I am planning to remake them anyways. Its a shame what happened with them but I am glad that my second fashion show experience was amazing and more then made up for it.

My last fashion show of the year is Austin Fashion Week, which is November 11th-13th. My design set will be November 11th at 3:30 PM. If anyone wants to come then please do! :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Fabulous - I loved them flashing the insides to show the engravings :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I love that dress! Iā€™m so glad your Fredericksburg experience went so well.

4 Likes

What a great experience thanks for sharing and amazing work as always

4 Likes

Congrats on another show! You keep us wowed!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.