Free Proofgrade Materials Included With Purchase?

Hi just got my Glowforge a week or so ago. It came with some free proofgrade materials to use. Can someone tell me the woods that were included? I know there were like 6 pcs of draftwood, 1 pc of acrylic, 1 pc of leather, and some other woods that I can remember and have already used. Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
It is not a certainty that sample packages are the same for everyone, so it is difficult to tell you what you received. The possibilities include cherry plywood, maple plywood, walnut plywood, basswood plywood and some hardwoods that would have been smaller than 12X20. Perhaps you can compare scraps you have remaining to the pictures of the wood in the shop.

2 Likes

welcome to the site and your NEW BABY!!
it sounds like you got the ‘full compliment’ of stuff, that’s pretty close to my stater kit as well
things you should get IMMEDIATELY !!!

1. a box of Zeiss wipes (from amazon)
  2. Plastic crumbtray pins from etsy (or you can make em yourself)
  3. a pack of microfiber towels
  4. a fire blanket / extinguisher

the search function here will answer ANY and EVERY Question you will have
(and you will have a ton!!)

Welcome again!

Jonathan

2 Likes

Is the weird weather we’ve been having due to the experimental Tesla coil in Texas?

3 Likes

HAARP in Alaska.

https://haarp.gi.alaska.edu/

3 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

Yes, it’s one heck of a rabbit hole… Fascinating what you can find when you start looking around a bit. :wink:

I’ve been playing with frequencies for the last year or so…very interesting results.

3 Likes

And here i thought H.A.A.R.P was for old and retired whalers

Jonathan

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that back when it was written in 2019. That article was actually one of the ones that got me started on scalar wave experimentation.
(So some truth, some exaggeration probably. But wouldn’t it be fun to speculate low cost limitless energy?) :slightly_smiling_face:

Question is…if they do have weather modifying ability, (and I’m not sure they don’t), why would they mess with the weather in Texas (and around the whole country actually, since the droughts on the coast are also screwing things up pretty royally for the growers)?

Does kind of make you wonder what’s going on.

2 Likes

Also note that we’ve been adjusting the contents of the starter pack as we’ve seen shortages of some items - so one person may have a different experience than another.

1 Like

(cough) zeiss wipes, microfiber towel (phlem)

:slight_smile:
Jonathan

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.